We have a great Champions League Winner 2017-18 Tip! The first set of Round of 16 1st Legs takes place between Tuesday 13 – Wednesday 14 Feb 2018, and the second set of Round of 16 1st Legs takes place the following week (Tuesday 20 – Wednesday 21 Feb 2018). There are 5 teams we would consider that have a genuine shot of winning the trophy this season.
- Pep Guardiola’s Man City already have one hand on the 2017-18 English Premier League title. Man City have received a favourable draw in the Round of 16 against one of the outsiders for the Champions League title Basel.
- Bayern Munich are certainly one to consider, and they too have a favourable draw in the Round of 16 against one of the outsiders for the Champions League title Besiktas.
- PSG cannot be ignored, but we don’t feel even the acquisitions of Neymar and Mbappe are enough to justify their short price. PSG have a difficult Round of 16 draw versus Real Madrid.
- Barcelona have of course lost Neymar to PSG. Barcelona’s Round of 16 opponents are Chelsea, who won the English Premier League last season, but are off the pace this season.
- Zinedine Zidane’s Real Madrid became the first team to retain this trophy in the Champions League era, winning the European Cup/Champions League for the 12th time last season. Real Madrid have a difficult Round of 16 draw versus PSG.
The first 4 of these teams mentioned may be able to fully concentrate on the Champions League when the knockout rounds begin, as they are likely to have decent leads in their domestic leagues. The 5th team mentioned are well off the pace in La Liga, so may also be able to fully concentrate on the Champions League.
Overall, in our opinion, we see Barcelona‘s price (7/1 at Sun Bets. Odds checked on 28th December 2017, but may change at any time) as having the most value.
IT’S TOO LATE TO PLACE A BET!!! Our tip didn’t win – Barcelona were knocked out by Roma in the Quarter-Finals.