Forecasts, Tricasts, Reverse Forecasts, Reverse Tricasts – these bets involve picking horses that will finish in the top two or three positions, in a single horse race. These bets can be useful if the favourite (the horse usually most likely to finish 1st) has a low price. The winnings are usually worked out using the starting prices of the horses, using computer software.
- Forecasts (Straight)
- In horse racing betting, if you would like to predict which horse will win, and which will will be the runner-up (i.e. finish second), you can place a Forecast (known as Exacta or Perfecta in the USA).
- If you place a Forecast, if you get the winner right your profit AND original stake is used as the new stake for the runner-up. If you get the runner-up right as well, you will get a return.
- Tricasts (Straight)
- If you would like to predict which horses will finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (naming the horses that will finish in each position), you can place a Tricast ((known as Trifecta in the USA).
- Again, the winnings on the 1st horse (including stake), is used as the new stake on the 2nd horse, and the winnings on the 2nd horse (including stake) is used as the new stake on the 3rd horse.
- Reverse Forecast
- You could also place a Reverse Forecast (predicting the top 2 horses, but the order does not matter). The stake is double compared to a Straight Forecast, as it is the equivalent of placing 2 Straight Forecasts.
- Reverse Tricasts
- Similarly, there are also Reverse Tricasts, which involves predicting the top 3 horses, but the order does not matter. The stake is six times that of Straight Tricasts, as it is the equivalent of placing 6 Straight Tricasts.
Why not try these bet types (Forecasts, Tricasts, Reverse Forecasts, Reverse Tricasts) at Sun Bets?