Which golfer is our The Open Championship 2018 Winner Tip for The Open Championship at Carnoustie Golf Links in Scotland (Thursday 19 – Sunday 22 July 2018)?
- Jordan Spieth (USA) won in 2017 scoring 268, Henrik Stenson (Sweden) won in 2016, Zach Johnson (USA) won after a rain delay in 2015, and Rory McIlroy (Northern Ireland) won in 2014.
- This will be the 8th time The Open Championship is being held at Carnoustie. The last time The Open Championship was held at Carnoustie was in 2007 and Padraig Harrington won the title (he also won the title the following year too).
There are 3 players we think have the most realistic chance of winning the 147th The Open Championship:
- Jordan Spieth (USA) – 2015 US Masters Winner, 2015 U.S. Open Winner, and 2017 The Open Championship Winner
- Rory McIlroy (Northern Ireland) – 2011 U.S. Open Winner, 2012 & 2014 US PGA Championship Winner, and 2014 The Open Championship Winner
- Dustin Johnson (USA) – 2016 U.S. Open Winner
For our The Open Championship 2018 Winner Tip, we look for the most value amongst these likely winners. We see the most value in Rory McIlroy’s price to win in 2018 which is 11/1 at Sun Bets. Odds checked on 18th January 2018 (odds may change at any time). We think this is superb value for the Northern Irishman to win his 5th major overall (and his 2nd The Open Championship).